Penhall Publishing is looking for a publishing intern
to help with the high workload that we have recently taken on! With another anthology ready to compile and a new writing contest on the horizon, we are in need of students and/or emerging writers who want experience working in publishing to help with any or all of the following tasks:
- reading entries for our upcoming anthology
- promoting books and submission calls
- social media
- editing manuscripts
- book layout and design
Our ideal intern is:
- a student of literature or creative writing with strong English grammar skills
- a reader (and lover!) of contemporary poetry and fiction
- able to work 10-15 hours per week on-site (in Chula Vista, CA) and/or remotely
- experienced with Adobe InDesign & Photoshop and has a computer with those programs (not required but definitely a plus!)
- willing to work unpaid to start. If it’s a good fit, we will start paying for work after 3 months.
This is a great opportunity for work experience and potential pay in the form of cash or exchange of services. We are excited to extend this opportunity to those interested in publishing, editing or writing.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following items:
- Cover letter with your name, phone number, location, school attending/attended (if applicable), and why you’re interested in this opportunity
- Resume listing education, experience, and any published works
- One original writing sample (poetry, fiction, non-fiction, essay, blog, etc.)
- One design sample, if applicable
We are looking to hire someone as soon as possible. Please contact Lilly if you have any questions at email@example.com.